To clear any competitive exam(SSC, Bank Exam, Railway Exam, etc.), GK is the most important section. World History is one from other topics of GK section. So, here is the World History category which provides general knowledge related to world history by questions and answers for the competitive exams. World History category helps to increase the ability of those students who are preparing for competitive exams.
हाल ही में जोड़े गए प्रश्न
Q: The Opium war id held between which two countries ? 372 05b5cc6dae4d2b4197774e87b
- 1England and FrancefalseCorrectIncorrect
- 2China and RussiafalseCorrectIncorrect
- 3Russia and EnglandfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 4China and EnglandtrueCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 4. "China and England"
Answer: D) China and England Explanation: The Opium Wars were two wars in the mid-19th century involving Anglo-Chinese disputes over British trade in China and China’s sovereignty. The disputes included the First Opium War (1839–1842) and the Second Opium War (1856–1860).
Q: The oldest dynasty still ruling in which country ? 397 05b5cc6dae4d2b4197774e876
Answer : 3. "Japan"
Answer: C) Japan Explanation: The longest-surviving dynasty in the world is the Imperial House of Japan.
Q: Which among the following pairs is mismatched? 470 05b5cc6aae4d2b4197774cf60
- 1Electricity act – 2003falseCorrectIncorrect
- 2Green Revolution – 1991trueCorrectIncorrect
- 3National Telecom policy – 2012falseCorrectIncorrect
- 4National policy on skill & development–2009falseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 2. "Green Revolution – 1991"
Answer: B) Green Revolution – 1991 Explanation: The given matching is about the policies and acts names and in which year they took place. Here Green Revolution - 1991 is given and which is not TRUE. It took place in between 1960 - 1980.
Q: In 1933 congress repealed prohibition with the 249 05b5cc6a1e4d2b4197774cae0
- 121st AmendmenttrueCorrectIncorrect
- 220th AmendmentfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 319th AmendmentfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 418th AmendmentfalseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 1. "21st Amendment"
Answer: A) 21st Amendment Explanation: In 1933, Congress repealed prohibition with the 21st amendment. At it’s heart, the scopes trial was a clash between religion and science. Nativists were opposed to immigration because they feared that immigration would be a damage to America’s traditions and that it would result in a loss of jobs. The Prohibition Era in United States history lasted from 1919 to 1933. It was defined by a complete prohibition of the manufacturing, sale, and transportation of alcoholic beverages in the United States.
Q: What resulted from the French and Indian war? 323 05b5cc6a0e4d2b4197774ca9a
- 1British lost its Canadian territoryfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 2France acquired its Canadian territoryfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 3France lost its Canadian territorytrueCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 3. "France lost its Canadian territory"
Answer: C) France lost its Canadian territory Explanation: The Seven Years’ War, a global conflict known in America as the French and Indian War, ends with the signing of the Treaty of Paris by France, Great Britain, and Spain. The Seven Years’ War ended with the signing of the treaties of Hubertusburg and Paris in February 1763. In the Treaty of Paris, France lost all claims to Canada and gave Louisiana to Spain, while Britain received Spanish Florida, Upper Canada, and various French holdings overseas. The treaty ensured the colonial and maritime supremacy of Britain and strengthened the 13 American colonies by removing their European rivals to the north and the south. The British victory in the French and Indian War had a great impact on the British Empire. Firstly, it meant a great expansion of British territorial claims in the New World. But the cost of the war had greatly enlarged Britain's debt.
Q: Which is true of the 1912 presidential election? 838 05b5cc6a0e4d2b4197774ca5b
- 1Because all three major candidates were Progressive, the Socialist wonfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 2Because all three major candidates were Progressive, Progressive votes were splittrueCorrectIncorrect
- 3Although none of the candidates was Progressive, the Progressives decided the electionfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 4Although none of the candidates was Progressive, Progressive ideas were importantfalseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 2. "Because all three major candidates were Progressive, Progressive votes were split"
Answer: B) Because all three major candidates were Progressive, Progressive votes were split Explanation: Because all three major candidates were Progressive, Progressive votes were split" is the one among the following that is true of the 1912 presidential election. The correct option among all the options that are given in the question is the option "B".